Meet some of the best experts in alternative medicine, offering physical and spiritual therapies to help you address health concerns, achieve a better state of mind and enjoy a more fulfilling life.
Jatuporn Moonsak (Nailar) has ten years of experience as a therapist in Australia, Dominican Republic, Kuwait, Maldives and onboard the Sea Dream yacht club. She was last based at Six Senses Laamu, Maldives before transferring to Six Senses Spa at Al Bustan Palace. Nailar became proficient at Lomi Lomi in 2005, when she was based in Sydney.
Lomi Lomi Massage
50 minutes / OMR 48
80 minutes / OMR 55
The traditional healing massage of ancient Hawaii and Kahuna body work for inner harmony and balance. Lomi Lomi, meaning massage in Hawaiian, is performed like gentle waves moving over the body to the background of Hawaiian music.
This traditional massage puts guests into a state of profound relaxation, resolving deep tension and stress levels. Lomi Lomi is given in fluid, rhythmic motion using the forearms as well as the hands, has the ability to release and shift negative emotions continuing long after the massage is over. This treatment can help to enhance all areas of one's health, well-being and self-awareness.
Jyothi holds a Diploma of Yoga from Rishikesh, where yoga originated. She specializes in teaching Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and meditation. Jyothi offers group classes as well as personalized private classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
60 minutes / OMR 26
90 minutes / OMR 36
60 minutes / OMR 5
90 minutes / OMR 7
- Hatha yoga refers to a set of physical exercises and sequence of postures designed to align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
- Ashtanga yoga means ‘eight-limbed’ yoga. Each posture is a preparation for the next, developing strength and balance in order to move further.
- Vinyasa yoga is a flowing, dynamic sequence of poses. It coordinates movement to flow from one pose to the next.
- Hot yoga refers to yoga exercises performed under hot and humid conditions. Heat is used to increase an individual’s flexibility in the poses.
- Yin yoga is a slow paced style of yoga with postures. Postures are held longer, ranging from two minutes to five minutes in advanced classes.
- Yogic sleep is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping. It is a state in which the body is completely relaxed and aware of the inner world.