Anil Singh, Six Senses Zighy Bay's Wellness Manager, on Yoga Nidra
Yoga nidra is an ancient practice that intends to induce full body relaxation and a deep meditative state of consciousness, and address our psychological, neurological and subconscious needs. It provides a set of mind-body tools that can help us navigate some of life’s harshest moments. It can be also practiced as a form of meditation for those seeking everyday well-being.
In a typical session, a yoga teacher guides practitioners through several stages. It starts with the development of an intention for your life and for the practice. Then you learn to focus your awareness on your breath, bodily sensations, emotions and thoughts. Throughout, you are encouraged to tap into an underlying sense of peace that is always present and to cultivate “witness consciousness,” observing and welcoming whatever is present without getting caught up in it.
Regular practice enables practitioners reach the most profound level of relaxation, improve sleep patterns, and boost immune system, while allowing them to see themselves and their lives in the most positive light possible.
- Improved sleep and quality of relaxation.
- Yoga nidra is an effective management tools for hypertension and heart ailment.
- Yoga nidra is used anger management as it reduces stress hormone and sympathetic nervous arousal.
- Yoga nidra has restorative and regenerative effects at cellular and tissue levels that improve longevity and lead to better health.
- Yoga nidra improves immunity, enhances memory and learning capacity.
- Developing emotional control
- Practice of Yoga Nidra is an art of self-healing and assists in developing emotional control.
We have packages from three nights to 14 nights.
Starting from three nights the price is USD USD 480 / OMR 184.6 inclusive of:-
- One yoga consultation of 30 minutes
- One personalized 60-minute yoga session per villa
- One yoga nidra session of 60 minutes
- One 60-minute holistic massage
- One 60-minute Oriental massages
- Personal debrief
**For more information, kindly contact the resort.